The individual in this role is responsible for developing, refining, growing, and monetizing a proprietary data set relating to sustainable, responsible, and impact (SRI) investing and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) categories. That data is currently used by Folio and its subsidiaries in several applications and is intended to be used by financial advisors, asset managers, asset owners, as well as individual and other investors. It represents a unique and useful data set to promote SRI and ESG values.
As the product owner you will collaborate with internal partners to set the strategic direction for SRI / ESG Consensus, and work to refine the applications and move them to full implementation and engagement.
As the head of this product, you will lead and drive product development for this venture. The product owner will have a broad base of skills to collaborate effectively with design, strategy, and engineering throughout the product development lifecycle, from concept through market launch and beyond.
In addition, this position will lead efforts to facilitate engagement, through the various investing applications and other means, on SRI/ESG issues and topics to encourage broader awareness of such data, ideas and topics within the financial advisor community.
- Understand user needs, preferences, competitive landscape, and any other insights that will help drive strategic decision making
- Develop blueprint for product launch and go-to-market strategy
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute against selected markets, including collaborating with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, and Legal
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for selected markets and provide ongoing reporting of these KPIs
- Build, manage and maintain the product roadmap and features
- Serve as the product evangelist and communicate the vision and progress across key stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience in digital product management, with demonstrated leadership roles and experience launching digital products
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries; knowledge of how to build a business around data and a mobile app
- Experience in a startup environment, taking products from inception to launch and building an effective product team
- Experience partnering with marketing and business develop for product launch and growth.
- Experience developing products in the highly regulated banking or financial services industry (Fin-Tech)
- Strong knowledge and passion for SRI and ESG and their ratings systems
- Experience with data analysis and project management
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (MBA preferred)